.

.

Thursday, September 08, 2011

{the Pileated Woodpecker...}


Well I do believe that you can ask away any questions that you might have about the Pileated Woodpecker! Prissy {and the WHOLE entire family} have been studying it for 2 solid weeks now. Her big science project is due today & I'm a tad bit nervous for her..... So far she has-

1. finished her paper {compete with a front colored cover drawing of the bird}
2. researched feverishly online & in books about the bird
3. made a life like replica of the blessed bird {and a sassy birdhouse}
4. conjured up a 2-4 minute oral presentation about the bird
5. talked me into taking drum sticks to school to imitate it's mating call {I'm still a bit hesitant}
6. .... and managed to incorporate a snack to pass out!

We she is glad that the day has finally arrived! I have been praying my heart out ALL morning. This is one of those times that I wish I were a bit more like Joey- ha ha. He doesn't let these things worry him in the slightest way... I bet he forgets the stinkin' bird's name already!!!!!


*****


This is the finished "bird model". I want to say that Prissy has a mind of her own in terms of "how the project is going to look". She helped sculpt the bird from craft foam clay then painted it. Then she told me where to put the feathers {we hot glued them} & she did all of the other details.... YEP straight down to the pink, blue, green, & orange birdhouse that is WAY off scale with peace sign stickers & feathers {"but not too many, I don't want it to be too much!" I had to laugh when she said that!!!!


*****


While Prissy & I were finishing up the bird & shooing away the little humming bird that fell in love with our woodpecker.... The boys were doing this- Star Wars Lego Wii! But we didn't care much, we girls have to stick together!!!


*****


These are the tags for the Pileated Woodpecker Food
{hand colored & personalized for each classmate}


*****


~the end result~
{popcorn, nuts, M&Ms, craisins, raisins, almonds, & peanuts}
**everything that the Pileated Woodpecker likes minus the beetles & ants- no thanks necessary!!**


*****



p.s. I had to show y'all what I found at the Dollar Tree while we were bird supply hunting last weekend....

light-up/sound effect {battery included} light sabers.... Do you even have to ask if the A-man LOVED his??? He slept with it the 1st night {and you might be seeing these again when his b-day rolls around}!!
**These are WAY more durable than the foam ones that I showed you last year. And for crying out loud- they are $1.00!!!**


*****


And keeping with the Star Wars theme- they had Crayola brand color wonder books. I snatched up a few for the car & b-day gifts!!!! So FUN- run out & get some for your little Jedi Knights too!!!!


*****


may the force be with you!!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment