.

.

Thursday, September 29, 2011

{super hero day- take 1}



So.... I found out last Friday that A-man's class would be having their 1st "Spirit Day" today. The theme was.... "Favorite Super Hero"! I he tried & tried to find a way to make a Star Wars Clone {we have that costume already} a super hero, but to our dismay it is NOT! I decided to try looking for costumes @ the Coalition {sorta like Good Will but it deals mostly with church donations & contributions}. They have an entire rack of costumes & I found this "Bat Man" & snatched it up for $3 bucks- score!!!! ALL the costumes {any size} are $3.00. Because I {shamefully} know how much costumes are & what brands are best, I about died when I saw some of the same ones there from Chasing Fireflies & Rubies catalogs ! Y'all need to go & check it out... I only wish that I had a pic of his manly muscles bulging out of his carseat this morning... it was hysterical. He just kept saying "Mommy it's just me Ashton... I'm a good guy!"



*****


This VERY same costume {padded with belt & cape with built in mask is retail is $45 + shipping. I also got some accessories for my little Prissy {you never know when she'll want to be the queen of Sheba?} for 25 cents!!!!



*****


The A-man was TOTALLY jazzed about his costume... until we got to school! We walked Prissy in & he saw that no one else had a costume on {Prissy's class has their Spirit Day tomorrow}....... THANK GOODNESS for Sydney {who just happens to have a big brother in Prissy's class}!!!!!! She came right over & gave him a "Sidney Sandwich" & he was all good again!!!!!!



*****


And then we saw Ethan..... and ALL was right in the world!!! I ran out & got the class suckers & erasers because they ALL looked so cool!!!!!!!!!!!! And because Prissy told A-man that it was a competition between the classes & the class with the best costumes won a prize.... They didn't win the actual "award" but they think they did!!!!!!!!!!



*****


Finally we met up with Prissy & her classmates for lunch/recess. These girls are precious to the core!!!!



*****


.... and they are so darned cute! They gobble down their lunches in about 5 minutes then sing, dance, run, & dance some MORE!!!! I {heart} 3rd graders..... and 4 yr olds!!!!!!!!!!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment