.

.

Tuesday, January 03, 2012

{Christmas break highlights....}


Well.... break is over, the tree is down, & we are back to school.... but the memories remain. I really think this break {doing nothing but hanging out here @ home & with friends- was so wonderful}. We stayed in our pj's about 50% of the time- {total bliss- I tell you}. We all took turns under my comfy quilts & enjoyed movies in my bed with the heated mattress pad {my very VERY favorite of my Christmas gifts}. What can I say? I am a VERY old soul that tends to channel even older comforts in life- like heating pads, aprons, knee socks, vicks vapor rub, & black & white movies- now heated mattress pads can be added to my list- ha ha.


*****


Prissy cracks me up! Here she is wearing a hair clip that I put on one of her presents & her new glasses. She has been wearing my "fake" glasses around here for months- y'all remember the ones from Claires that covered your eyebrows & were peach? Well... the new & MUCH improved ones just fit little girls & actually look real. She has worn them everyday since Christmas!!!


*****


A-man- well let's just say he's in LEGO heaven. He was over the moon with his gifts, but the Republic Frigate won 1st place in his heart. We all chipped in with the assembly & it was completed by the afternoon- Amen!!!!!


*****


And {being the frugal shoppers that we are huh hunnn} BOTH got each other this toothbrush. Regularly $80.00- 1 day 1/2 off = $40.00 + $10 off coupon + $20 off rebate = $12.00! We cracked up when we both opened it up. I told y'all he was my soul mate!!!!!!!! {p.s. yes I know I look a bit rough here- but I worked Christmas Eve, got home around midnight, put a roast on, filled the stockings, then showered, barely closed my eyes, & was awaken by 2 little VERY eager children........}


*****


And although it was not a "white" Christmas... I made some of these for my little guy. Does this make you think of anyone???? If you were thinking "Yoda" then God bless you & may I say "the force is strong in you"!!!! A-man hugged my neck clean off when I gave them to him. I saw the idea on Pintrest.


*****


But.... I think one of my very VERY favorite moments was Prissy's piano recital.... Can I just say... tears!!!! {you can click HERE to listen to a smidgen of it... as many times as you like :) }


*****


Now I'm off to finish up some things around here- I can't wait to show y'all. Hopefully later this week........... Remember my red chairs?




1 comment:

  1. How fantastic is Pintrest! I made a ton of Christmas gifts from there- blog coming soon about that!

    ReplyDelete