.

.

Sunday, January 08, 2012

{good deeds...}


Well.... we are taking it easy today. I {heart} Sundays! I love the whole day off together & knowing that we don't have to be ANYWHERE [after church]. Today we are starting these...
"good deed cards".
I saw this idea months ago, but decided to start it fresh after the new year. The kiddos get a punch for every "good deed" that they do. Now... that does not mean helping your little brother put on his shoes {that should be done no matter if prizes are awarded!} or unloading the dishwasher {although that is new around here too}. We have never really had chores or allowances {and aren't starting now} but I do think it's important to "train" them in every area including but not limited to: setting the table, clearing the table, & unloading the dishwasher. I'll let you know how it goes- hopefully they will gain some independence & I'll be appreciated a bit more- only time will tell?


*****


Now back to the cards- I issued the cards Saturday. They were briefed on the meaning of "good deeds" & all the necessary questions were answered. "How many punches do I need?" {13}. "What do I get when my card is filled?" {A prize that you'll love, because you will have earned it!} "When does it start?" {Now}. "Momma can I massage your back?" {Of course, but remember a "good deed" is something above & beyond- ha ha ha}. Anyway- as you can see the punches have begun, the kiddos are crazy excited, & .....long live the Queen!!!!!!


*****


I found them here.
Just go to this site & download. Please keep me updated with your "good deeds".....


*****


And speaking of new around here.... Joey & I are attempting to read through this bible in a year together. We read on our own, journal about it, then discuss it @ night together. So far so good! It has always been a goal of mine, hopefully with a buddy I will stick to it. And something about the shameful look that I imagine him giving me... makes me dare not skip a day! Prissy has joined along side us too! We are 8 days in & her journal entries would make you cry your eyes out. Oh the faith of a child.... thank you Jesus for your sweet spirit in her!!!


*****


And the A-man has made a couple of resolutions too.... like learning how to spell his middle name & playing Legos at least 5 out of 7 days! I think he'll make a valiant effort {at least with the no. 2}- ha ha!


*****

Happy Sunday!



No comments:

Post a Comment