.

.

Monday, May 20, 2013

gallery walls, benches & dough bowls - OH MY....

I finally finished {although just as I'm writing this I'm thinking of yet another print in the attic} the gallery wall in the Master.  I think I love her, but need encouragement.  Almost all of these beauties came from tag sales/Goodwill.  Joey thinks I'm mad to have patched the holes and painted then made a blue million nail holes.... but he just goes with it :)  


*****


What do y'all think?  Would this wall make you want to get up or stay in bed?


*****


I love the different prints {the praying girls where in my nursery then in Prissy's now back in my big-girl room}.  Some from Goodwill & tag sales, but mostly from around the house....


*****


And what about this bench at the foot of the bed?  I picked her up @ TJMaxx....  She brings some much needed drama to all the white.  Don't get me wrong... I do so LOVE white!  Prissy can come home and instantly point out new things {that makes me smile and wince all at once!}.


*****


And speaking of benches this little guy came home with me last week....  I bought him thinking that he was just what I needed for a class that I'm gonna take in August.  The girls & I are going to a blogging conference to meet Edie, Southern Savers, Nester, Miss Mustard Seed and MORE- I can hardly contain my excitement!!!  Hence trying to find the perfect piece to take along...


*****


But... in the end he got a few coats of Magnetic Gray just a day later.  Now he resides on the stoop smack dab in the middle of my beautiful new stairwell!!!    And Prissy loves to put her things on him too :)


*****


And along with furniture I keep my eyes out for Legos at tag sales too.... and guess what I found Friday?  My boys built this massive Lego pirate ship from a bag that I brought home.  I was worshiped & adored!!!


*****


.... and other treasures too.  I have always wanted a dough bowl- I think sometimes I channel Caroline Ingles!  Mark her off your "looking for me list" Cooner.  
**I love that she has a list with me in mind** - I intend on having one for my sweet Prissy's house too one day :)




No comments:

Post a Comment