.

.

Sunday, August 08, 2010

"some news..."

Today I'm making.....


this-

this-

& this-
....but I've cried over my mixer the entire time {and much of the night for that matter}. Yesterday my sweet neighbor Brenda {the young mother that I told ya'll about before} lost her battle with breast cancer.... Joey questions my almost neurotic baking saying "I'm sure that food is the last thing on their minds right now?" YES this I know, but I feel so incredibly helpless that this is all I know to do.... NEVER again will I see Brenda @ the pool with the boys, NEVER again will she call me about a potential deadly spider bite or broken bone that Trevor may or may not have gotten, NEVER again will I make her a bow for her Easter wreath, NEVER again will Mike come home to have dinner ready & her waiting for him on the porch.... These things make my heart cry not for her & the fact that in Heaven there is NO cancer & she is NO longer in pain... but because she cannot hold her babies & tell them everything is going to be okay or that she is going to win this battle & be @ the ball field next summer...... PLEASE keep Mike & the children in your prayers...... and pray that I can start to have peace enough to share the love of Jesus with them!


1 comment:

  1. Oh Ashly-I'm so sad to read this. :( I will defintely be praying for her family. and the best neighbor the family has ever had!
    love ya-Kristy

    ReplyDelete