.

.

Thursday, April 07, 2011

{think} outside the box...

Today as I look around my house, I see something very sorta.... habit forming! I have started to {maybe I always have?} use things for something other than their intended purpose.
Like...


*****


I really REALLY {heart} flower frogs- and if that is a new term for y'all they look like this:


I have a big one {intended for larger flowers like lilies} & I have changed it's usage completely by putting it in the kitchen & filling it with my utensils. I love the "industrial" look of the metal, but the function is PERFECT & handy too.


and...


I found this little one & am now using it in the office. I love it there... but I may need to steal it back if I get some cabbage roses this week!!


*****

Also I really do NOT like to look of traditional trash cans...


...so I use things like pretty {if I can use that word with them?} buckets.
They always have them in the clearance aisle @ the Maxx...


*****


I have had this garden trimming basket in the garage for years now... But hosed it off {literally} when I decided to put computer paper in it for the office.


*****


And... who would have thought when I bought this birdcage- that I would put my gift wrap in it? NOT me! But- I {Heart} it almost as much as wrapping up pretty packages.... I think wrapping is part of the gift & so it's one of my very VERY favorite things to do for people!!

*****

How about using an armoire in your garage.... Just when you think your house can't hold another big piece of furniture??? You see a fabulous find along side the road.... and the rest is a fond distant memory that ends with backpacks & shoes... in PERFECT harmony!!!


*****


...and how about using cookie jars for crayons? Why not? I mean if I can cut up sheets for lamp shades.... I think I'll stop at nothing- ha ha ha!!! The moral to the story my sweet friends is...
think outside the box...
It's fun & usually free {when you shop your house as I frequently to!}!!


******


Now I'm off to play some Star Wars Legos.....
"may the force be with me!!!!"



No comments:

Post a Comment