.

.

Monday, April 11, 2011

{YO HO HO!}}

Well..... my parents are coming into town today for a BIG party this weekend! My little guy is about to turn 4 {gasp & wipe the tears..}. And luckily for me, I haven't the time for tears!!! I'm in complete PARTY FORM & the house if busting with all things pirate- or should I say "swashbuckling fun"??? The invitations have been sent & the mast is hung.... Now I just need to finish up some other quint essentials for Capt. A-man's big day. I hope to share things throughout the week. First let's start with the invitation... It really is the 1st impression of your party!


*****

I {like any good Mum} googled "pirate font" & printed them off on tea stained card stock. Then {on the porch so that my little monkey see/monkey doer wouldn't see me..} burnt the edges of each one to make them look like authentic pirate maps.


*****

Next I found these cool little boxes @ Michaels. I wiped them haphazardly with a cloth full of wood stain.


*****


Next filled them with the invite scroll & some gold coins {or should I say doubloons"?}. I'm quickly getting my pirate lingo down- ha ha ha.


*****

Lastly, I painted all of his little Landlubber's names on them to finish them off!!! A-man is just beside himself about these little things- and has slept with his for the last 2 nights.....


*****

Now I'm off to batten down all of the other hatches!!!!!






No comments:

Post a Comment