.

.

Monday, June 13, 2011

{7 days for Joey part- 1}



Well.... in a sentence- we are knee deep in VBS this week & I am helping out in A-man's class. We have 33 in the 4yr olds- PLEASE pray for us- {ha ha}. And I wanted to do something special for Joey for Father's day this year..... So we decided to make it a week long celebration- why the heck not? I mean after all... he does put up with us all year, and having Prissy around is just like having 2 of me! Perhaps we should have started celebrating last month- wink wink!!! Anyway Joey is headed out of town this weekend so we have gotten a head start on our 7 days 4 daddy!!!
Here is what we've done so far....


*****

day #1
~root beer floats~



{fancy straw included- which was of course the kiddos' favorite part. This was so easy & I'm sad to say that my kiddos had NO idea what a root beer float even was - gasp!!!! NO WORRIES- they do now & the LOVE them!!!}


*****

day #2
~kids choice~


{they made special signs and posters for Joey & took him out for lunch to McD's {all while I was @ work}. A-man even made a Lego ship which he politely told Joey "he could keep until daddy's day is over, but NOT the guys". Joey found it most impressive & A-man beamed with pride!!! Prissy choreographed a complete ballet for him {to music I might add}. It was stunning- I cried and Joey kissed her cheeks off! A-man didn't seem impressed...


*****

day #3
~a little apple~


{nothing says "thank you" like an itunes gift card in this house. Although- true to form, Joey has promised to share his gift with the kiddos... We are now the proud owners of Clone Wars season 3 & Cody Simpson's new single.... And now you can start to see why we are celebrating what a WONDERFUL daddy we have!!!!!!!!}


*****


day #4
~a morning off biking trip~
{my sweet husband loves biking almost as much as I like sewing- so he says... He went to the trail furthest away- one that he doesn't go to often (the MOST dangerous of course!) and loved every minute of it!!!! He came home dripping with sweat, cut up, bruised, grinning ear to ear with a jammed hand....- I still say sewing is better!!!}


*****

{Prissy adding some polka dots...}


~more of 7 days 4 daddy to come~

*****

{I found this little paper tucked into Prissy's kitty caddy.... it made me chuckle. Poor little A-man isn't quite loved as much as Joey & I.... but he would take a bullet in a minute for her! I bet she loves him more that she would care to admit!}


*****
And I picked up a couple of new furniture pieces this week...
I can't wait to get my hands on them!!!! Now I'm off to bed early tonight- Lord knows I need some sleep tonight!!!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment