.

.

Wednesday, June 01, 2011

{I am my mother's daughter...}


Well.... I could go on and on about how behind I am on e-mails, phone calls, text messages {which I am the worst at returning...} and blogging- but you'll have to forgive me! We have begun our summer break this week & we are LOVING it to the fullest!!! In fact- we are planning a trip to the beach tomorrow- which means another media holiday for me....


*****

Our group went shopping {I guess you could call it that?} the last day in Africa, in the capital city of Addis. While others bought salad tongs, baskets, & nick-knacks... my eyes sized the streets for furniture. I found myself asking the merchants "sentino?" {how much $?} for the chairs they were sitting in. They thought I was kidding....


This little lady braved the 17 hr flight back to the U.S. She was just distressed enough for me to fall in love. I snatched her up for about $5.00 & knew that Cooner would have been pleased- ha ha!!!


*****


And while I was "junking" in Africa- Cooner was here. She & the A-man found this Star Wars Gun Ship {in 2 bags- I assembled it with the help of the Lego on-line instruction guides} @ the Habitat Store for $10.00. We since have seen them going for over $400.00 on ebay- well done Cooner!!!!! I don't think Joey will dare say another thing about your "junking" again- ha ha ha!!!


*****


... but I mean really!! I'm sure she had no power over this youngling-
his force is VERY strong {and his sweet brown eyes don't hurt either}!!!


*****


Prissy graduated from Rubies 1 in ballet & we celebrated afterwards with ice-cream. I somehow persuaded A-man to wear a shirt with a pink stripe on it- YIKES!!! Does anyone else have trouble with their little guys not wanting to wear anything that "goorls" wear???


*****

Happy Belated B-day
Kristy!!
{you are the best BFF a girl could ask for!!!!}



No comments:

Post a Comment