.

.

Sunday, June 19, 2011

{7 days for Joey part- 2}

....so sorry that our week of 7 days 4 daddy- celebrating Joey has come to an end! We have so loved loving on him & letting him know how precious he is to us {and missed when he leaves}!
Here is the rest of the fun...


*****


day #5
~cup cakes for my choco-holic~

Joey adores the choc-lettiest chocolate you can find... so we happily obliged! We made Paula Dean style cupcakes with homemade fudge icing- SINFUL I tell you!!! And.. cause we are pulling out all the stops this year, we hand crafted chocolate toppers!!!


*****


super easy recipe for chocolate molding clay...


*****


{1 bag of semi sweet chips & 1/3 cup light corn syrup}
Melt chocolate chips in a bowl in the microwave for 30 seconds at a time until totally melted. Then add in the syrup.


*****


next pour out onto wax paper then put another layer of wax paper on top & roll it out like pie crust. Then let it set for about 3 hours until it's firm.


*****


we tried our hands at a mustache.... but my freehand pattern was pretty sad
and it needed a little bit of pizazz....


*****


so we busted out the cookie cutters- MUCH easier and MUCH prettier!! I can't wait to try this again for Prissy's party with white chocolate {she and I prefer white unlike the boys}!!! But we did use a few of them!


*****


Prissy made these...


*****


...and we made some mustaches of our own...


*****


They were a HUGE hit!!!!


*****


day #6
~surprise!~
Joey has taught at church several times, but I have never gotten to go & hear him..... But this week I loaded the kiddos up {after dinner time- gasp} and headed to church. I had texted him with "good luck wishes" like I usually do & he had NO idea that I would be in the crowd. I felt someone put their hand on my shoulder... and it was him. He had spotted our car on the way in. He was FANTASTIC, just like I imagined he would be. I usually get to hear it the night before, but this time I got to see him in action. I was SO proud of him!!!! He said I made him nervous, but he must have told me "thank you" ten times for coming! I love surprising him & this makes me want to do it MORE often!!!!


*****


day #7
~pie of course~
next to chocolate... my sweet husband adores berry pie!!! So tonight we will be having blueberry pie & salmon cakes {2 of his favs}! Just the perfect ending to his week & warm homecoming. On a side note a very dear older lady at our church asked A-man about his daddy @ VBS this week. She said "I know your daddy and he's really nice", A-man shyly said "yes he is and he plays Legos good too". Then she went on to say "does he tell you about Jesus" {it was one of those moments as a mother where you just hold your breath, close your eyes, and hope for the best}... He said {with NO hesitation} "YES he reads his bible to me every night and Prissy too sometimes... but not Momma, just Prissy and Daddy!"
**never mind that I stayed in bed with him for almost 5 months and that the ONLY reason I don't GET to read the bible during bible-time is because Joey and Prissy WON'T let me..... and the one NOT reading has to answer the questions afterwards!!!!!**



*****


Happy Father's day to
Joey & Daddy
and..
Travis, Jeff, Jamie, Uncle Michael, GB, Bill, Dean, Steven, Heath, Crist, Kevin, Jonathon, James, Todd, Rod, Matt, John, Jeremy, Sam, Nick, Jason, Rick, Adam, Jason, Leon, Ben, Larry, Scott, Ryan, Grant, Tom, Eddie, Rich, Darrell, Jimmy, Terry, Justin... and all the other awesome dads that I know.
I pray that God blesses you abundantly!!!!!!!


*****


and..
Happy 2nd Birthday
Paige!!



No comments:

Post a Comment