.

.

Friday, June 10, 2011

{free-decorating for summer- part 2}


Now... let's talk more change for free!
Here is what we did today to freshen-up for summer..


*****


first- I used a can of white spray paint {always on hand} to re paint the trunk {once blue} on the front porch. It makes a huge difference & took 5 minutes...


*****


then- I spiced up the dining room built ins for summer. I added shells {free from our vacay} and added some crystal- which makes it much more airy & clean looking...


*****


next- I scavenged trough my fabric bins for new pillow makeovers.... I like the look of the french ticking fabric, but it was a little dark... So, I turned it inside out. The pale gray {inside out side}- proved the PERFECT solution for a summer makeover! Prissy persuaded me to add a flower- which I {loved}!!!


*****



then, cause I loved the square one so much... I made a rectangular one too {by the way NEVER throw away any old pillows- keep them for their pillow forms, you never know when you'll want to make a new one}.




But.... again, Prissy said it needed something else? So, I added some ruffles.... and it is positively PRECIOUS!!!!!!!


*****


I made them for the porch, but I loved them so much...
They are staying inside for a bit!!!


*****


Then, I freshened up the chalkboards...
Easy & FREE!!!
+
{the kiddos loved this part the MOST!!!}
Hope this inspires y'all to love what you already have
& truly love your home {again}!!


No comments:

Post a Comment