.

.

Wednesday, June 08, 2011

{free-decorating for summer- part 1}

Well... since we got back from the beach, I've had an itch to redecorate... imagine that {ha ha ha}. But, my favorite forms of redecorating are: changing up the furniture, making pillows, and repainting something that I just spray painted a month ago- go figure!!!!! So today- this is what the kiddos & I did.... and YES I bribed them with Popsicles and Lego time and even promised a late dip in the pool- SHAMELESS??? I think not!


*****

first we started out with Prissy's room and moved the bed... It really is one of my favorite finds from last year!


*****

then I moved her toys to another corner of the room and hid them away with the dressing screen {the perfect solution by the way for unsightly toys- NEVER pass one up if you see one!}


*****

Next we moved the book shelf closer to the "grown up" part of the room.... We cleaned out some princess books that she said "were NO longer age appropriate". I had to laugh because she insisted on keeping ALL of the Barbie ones...
{a little cameo from the A-man and Prissy}


*****

then we tackled the A-man's room- cause what you do for 1 you have to do for the other.... He just really requested much more accessibility to his arsenal of weapons. I think this little red wire basket is perfect. And of course we spent most of our time displaying ALL of his Star Wars Lego- good grief!!!!!!


*****

And we moved his bed and car prints
{that I'm sure would have been worth a fortune on "Antique's Roadshow" if I hadn't colored them with colored pencils to make them match the room....}


*****

next, I paired his memory board up with his coat rack- MUCH BETTER!!!


*****

... then he added some Pirate Legos and we called it a day -shewwwwww!


*****


So in review total cost of today's redecorating= FREE!!! We are thrilled with the feel of something new & it didn't cost a thing- yeah!!!!!
Stay tuned for part 2 tomorrow.....



*****



p.s. My sweet, handsome, very tall, very witty, and very much like my husband- nephew Tyler graduated from high school last Saturday... Today this came in the mail. He wrote it when he was 7...... It made Joey & I both cry. We love you Tyler and we are ALL so incredibly proud of the man you have become!!!!


*****




No comments:

Post a Comment