.

.

Saturday, August 06, 2011

{lessons learned...}


I have to share this new family devotional that we have been using. The lessons are about 2-3 pages {about all the A-man's attention span can be held for- ha ha}. And, it's very easy to understand with simple clear examples that children can understand. It is from Amazon & I Highly recommend it!!! Our last lesson was on "humility". We explained how important being humble is & gave the children a few examples like: considering others better than yourself.... Which leads me to Prissy & I's conversation friday afternoon. She immediately busted in with "Momma the WORST thing happened to me today!" "What?" I asked {knowing she is a smidgen of an exaggerator- I told y'all that already though}. "Well Momma everyone was around my desk talking about how pretty my hand writing was. Momma it made my heart smile! " {cue tearing up from moi} "Then one of the girls said, Look at mine, it's way better than Josey's!" I saw the opportunity to use the bible lesson. I reminded her about humility & considering other's better than ourselves & that life is about being humbled sometimes. She quickly chimed in with "Well I hope tonight's lesson is on HUMILIATION, because that what I was today!" I had NO words........never a dull moment around here! I love how God teaches us something right when we need it!!!


*****


These little guys finally got to have another play date. They are SO much alike that it cracks me up- so precious!!!!!!! Don't let the guns, swords, knives, bow & arrows, light sabers, or hand cuffs fool you though- they are harmless!!!!!!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment