.

.

Tuesday, August 02, 2011

{just when I think....}


#1. I will NOT cry on her 1st day of 3rd grade- I do! I did after all grow her & y'all already know it's like my heart walking around outside my own body when it comes to my kiddos..... Today she braved the doors of school- a little more slowly, a bit more quietly, & sadly taller than she left them last May. My sweet girl was ready though- her backpack packed then repacked 3 times last night. She picked out her uniform last week. And, she has had the hairstyle chosen {bangs braided back with a flat-ironed pony tail on the side with an aqua ribbon :) } since.... well a very long time now! She seamed very mature, yet small to me today. I wonder if the other children prayed for her as she did for them? I wonder who will be the lucky one to get to sit by her @ lunch.... I know a certain little someone who will be long faced when he has to eat without his beloved big sister today! Thank Heavens that I still have another few weeks until the A-man starts school! GOOD GRIEF!!!

OR

#2. that my husband is completely NOT a crafter. I am sorely WRONG {he has been holding out on me}. He let our son stay up late {don't tell Prissy}- to make this: Our their 1st custom Lego guy. I knew it was only a matter of time before we started adding paint to them. I'm just glad that Joey did it & NOT me!!!!!

{this is for you JP}

*****


First they took one of these yellow "droids"


*****


Next they added these pieces
{I have NO clue what they are called}


*****


Then they had the nerve to ask me if I had any black spray paint.... I was a bit put off by that- ha ha. I opted for them to use the chalk board paint because it dries in about 5 minutes & I knew the A-man would be choosing the new guy to come to bed with him!!!!


*****


~ta da~
{the result= "an assassin droid"}
I asked A-man what the difference between the yellow & the black droids-
"Well... the assassin droids don't have to listen like the yellow droids. They don't say "Roger Roger". They... aren't any better shot than the yellow ones. And they work for Cad Bane. But Mommy they aren't real like Cody or Rex {I do know that Rex & Cody are good clones- I think?}". Quite an answer @ 9:00 p.m.- okay hope that cleared things up for you folks???? However let me put it into our perspective- the real difference is- the assassin droids are like $4.00 + shipping on ebay & they made one for free!!!!!!!!!!!


*****


3rd grade..... hurry up 3:00!!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment