.

.

Wednesday, August 10, 2011

{a mother's love...}


When Cooner left last time... she left this card for me. One day {many many years from now}, when the kiddos are reading this- I want them to know how blessed they are to have her. And maybe..... just maybe they'll know why I adore her so!!!!!!



"When you were a little girl, you followed me around,
watching every move I made,
and tried to be just like me.
No matter what I did, you were my little shadow.

I never quite felt worthy of the honor,
but it made me smile all over.
I guess it's one of the rights of parenthood,
and I loved every minute of it.

But now, as I see the incredible woman you have become,
it's clear how great you turned out, in spite of my example!
It's not suppose to happen that way.
There definitely was an unseen hand in your life,
for which I will always be grateful.

You have grown into an amazing woman,
exceeded all my expectations,
and have left me in the dust.

Now the tables are turned...
and I wish I could be just like you.

I love you, my daughter... with all my heart."

~Cooner




No comments:

Post a Comment