.

.

Monday, August 15, 2011

{more living room chronicles...}



So..... I am now loving the white curtains. I thought I would but it did so help me by you loving them too- THANKS!!! Last week I got the sudden urge to paint the red backs of the built-in's? I know that sounds drastic & it IS {especially since our house is on the market}! But, when I get an itch... heaven help me- ha ha. I thought better of painting it {with the friendly persuasion of Joey- I think he thought he would be the one to do it?}. Then while in Lowe's I saw this FABULOUS paintable wall paper.... that was already white? So I scooped up a roll & promised to build a slew of Lego guys when "Momma finished her little fun project"! The rest is history. We {the A-man & I} took everything off of the shelves & tacked the paper over the paint. What do y'all think?


*****


~Before~
{sorry that this is from Christmas- but I was in such a rush to get started that I forgot to take a picture before. Just imagine this exact space minus- Cooner :( & all the sparkly green. The red dishes have lived on these shelves since we moved in. Cooner gave them to me when we bought the house. They were the pattern that she & Daddy registered for & I still love them...}


*****


~After~
{... but I have packed them away for awhile. I brought in some shells from the beach & a few other treasures that I have picked up or had in my hope chest for the last 30 yrs. I absolutely LOVE IT! And- are you ready for this...... Joey did too!!!!!! I do keep tweaking things so who knows when I'll get it just right? For now, I'm just loving the softness of it.}


*****


~Before~
{the left side}


*****


~After~
{same side as above}


****


~After~
{the right side}



1 comment:

  1. Everything looks wonderful....as usual :)
    Carol

    ReplyDelete