.

.

Friday, November 06, 2009

"Group"

After MUCH prayer... we are finally beginning our Home Group tonight- (basically a bible study that includes 3 other couples & meets bi-monthly).We alternate hosting- & I love it being personal & comfortable that way! Also- I love that we get to stay together as families (the kiddos all get to eat & play together too). I have not been a part of a small group since Josey was 2 & this is WAY over due!!! We are hosting the 1st meeting tonight & we are keeping it simple with pizza (take-out), salad, & desserts... But I wanted to make one extra appetizer.... I know that Catherine loves White Queso too- maybe we can convert the others??? I gotta run & switch the couch cushions over to the "company side" while I'm thinking about it..... Have a BLESSED weekend!!!!!!

~White Queso Dip~

  • 1 package {24 slices} of white American {not the Swiss American– white American}
  • a couple spoonfuls of chopped jalapenos {the pickled ones in the pickle aisle, they come sliced you have to do the chopping}
  • a couple spoonfuls of chopped tomatoes
  • milk to thin
Unwrap the cheese and break/cut into small pieces and place in microwave safe bowl. Add a few spoonfuls of finely chopped jalapenos & tomatoes. I like to chop mine in the mini-food processor. I throw a little jalapeno juice in too. Microwave on high for 1 min. Stir and add some milk to thin. Continue to microwave, stir and add milk until you’ve reached your desired consistency. I prefer mine a little runny. I keep it in the crock pot to keep it warm while serving! Enjoy!


p.s. this is the verse that inspired our group:

"And let us consider how to stir up one another to love and good works, not neglecting to meet together, as is the habit of some, but encouraging one another, and all the more as you see the Day drawing near."
~Hebrews 3~


No comments:

Post a Comment