.

.

Monday, March 29, 2010

"just for you..."

O-kay so Cooner was going to host a cooking class for Catherine & I... but my kiddos got the funk AGAIN & she had to post-pone. NO WORRIES though- she is headed back here next month & I'm sure she will make time for us then. For now though- she has cooked up a storm for us & we L-O-V-E-D every single minute of it (Joey especially). She is working on a cook book one day... but until then here is a sneak peak into her NEVER recorded before FAMOUS... Are ya'll ready for it??
~Jackie's Cinnamon Rolls~

In glass bowl add 1 packet of yeast to 2 cups of warm water & 1/2 cup sugar. Next add in 1/3 cup oil ("stir with your hands until sugar & yeast have dissolved"). Then add 5 cups of all purpose flour & knead dough with hands for about 10 minutes ("beat the crap out of the dough"- in Cooner's words).

Finally.... transfer the dough into a greased bowl & cover with plastic wrap & a dark kitchen towel until it doubles in size (she ALWAYS uses a dark one- something about yeast & it loving the dark???).

Next roll out the dough onto a floured surface & "rub with butter and don't be stingy". Then sprinkle sugar & cinnamon.

Roll the dough into long roll.


Then cross/cut cut it with dental floss.


Arrange rolls in greased pan, then cover again with plastic wrap & a dark towel until they double in size again..

FINALLY... bake the rolls @ 350 "until they are done- I can't give you a number Ashly. When they are done- they are done. They start to look golden" about 28 minutes.
Then "smother" them with yummy cream cheese icing!!!

~Enjoy~
(like we did!!!)

p.s. We are taking Cooner back to the airport this morning.... I detest that place (it reminds me of when Joey & I were dating & I would visit/he would come home).... However- my refrigerator, pantry, freezer, & heart are FILLED to the brim from all of her goodness!!!!!! I miss her already. Thanks Cooner for EVERYTHING... We love you PICKLE!!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment