.

.

Thursday, February 25, 2010

"thursdays with Beth"

A-man & I are headed out to my Esther bible study this morning. We are taking an assortment of muffins to share with the girls & their little folks (he adores playing @ Ms. Therese's house). My heart has been so blessed through this study- I encourage ya'll to get into one of Beth's groups if you get the chance (she is AWESOME). This is one of my favorite quotes from our homework:

"When we trust our lives to the hand and pen of an unseen but ever-present God, He will write our lives into His story and every last one of them will turn out to be a great read. With a grand ending. And not just in spite of those catastrophes. Often because of them. Don't just wait and see. Live and see."


p.s. I had one of those conversations with Priss yesterday that I NEVER want to forget...

Priss: "Momma I have to tell you something that's gonna make you cry!"

me: "O-kay.. do I need to pull over (we were driving home from school)?"

Priss: "NO ma'm, but are you sure Momma- you'll cry?"

me: "YES I want to hear... Just do it fast like a band aide Priss- what is it?"

Priss: "Momma... unicorns are NOT real (in the saddest little voice that ya'll have ever heard)! I know... it made me cry too today, it's sad isn't it?"

me: (relieved & a bit sad too- I love her imagination & the fact that she sometimes really is 6 and not 26) "That is sad, but I think that maybe there are horses with corns, maybe just not the Pegasus part?"

Priss: "REALLY Momma- I'm so glad you told me that! I knew that they had to be sorta real..."


No comments:

Post a Comment