.

.

Tuesday, August 25, 2009

"icing=quiet"


I just got off of the phone with Dr Pitman (Cooner's precious MD) & Katie (her nurse today)- both are an answered prayer- I'm sure that they have NO idea how much Cooner is adored, but they are giving her the royal treatment!!! He says her levels are "non critical" at this point but she must remain in the ICU until she is off of the insulin drip- probably late tonight or in the a.m. Her K levels are therapeutic but will continue being replaced until the key tones are gone. "She had a very close call & now has a 2nd chance for BETTER compliance"- were his words. Her kidneys are operating by themselves now & her blood pressure is stable. I was able to talk to her for a minute this morning- she was not herself, but I didn't care. I just needed to hear her voice. THANK YOU for all the the sweet prayers & well wishes. "Blessed" seems hardly the word to use for what our family feels @ this point! Please keep her in your prayers. I will update again later..

(taken while on the phone with Dr. Pitman-
he has zero self control- what can I say?
baking=stress relief for me
& icing=quiet for him)


No comments:

Post a Comment