.

.

Thursday, December 24, 2009

"only 1 more sleep..."

(don't ya love this pic taken right when the doorbell rang...)
Well.... our group party was a HUGE success! The children played with only mild injuries occurring including a giant goose egg/black eye for the A-man! He was a super brave sport about it though. He just kept saying "I not mad.. I not mad"?? I didn't get the whole story, but he loves those older boys so much that he didn't want to lose face & cry on his Momma's lap- he just showed me & went on.... The appetizers were very popular- ya'll have to try my friend Lauran's brother Scott's dip- YUMM-O!!!

combine 1 8oz cream cheese, 1 16 oz sour cream, 2 cups sharp cheddar cheese, 3 oz bacon crumbled. Bake @ 400 for 20 minutes & serve it up with crusty bread!!! Your guests will LOVE it & it can be done @ the very last second (trust me- ha ha)...

We also made 1 more little snowman for the season- he was pretty cute, but he melted away very quickly too... (He makes me miss Cooner- she makes these little guys by the dozens every year..)

Our family has a few Christmas traditions: #1 we exchange ONLY 3 gifts because we want our children to see us giving 3 like the wise men did for baby Jesus, #2 we always adopt a family in need (usually with children) so that our children can help choose gifts for them, #3 we bake a birthday cake for Jesus on Christmas Eve & eat it for breakfast on Christmas morning, &#4 Joey reads the story of baby Jesus to us during our party- this is my FAVORITE because Josey now chimes in with verses & narrates right along with him! Well.. I got to get baking... "Only 1 more sleep Momma" has been said around this house more than once this morning.. (that is how she has equated time since she was 2.. I LIKE her....)



No comments:

Post a Comment