.

.

Friday, December 04, 2009

"shop the house-part 2"

well... thanks to Joey for getting down the 20 totes from the attic (this is in NO way a gross exaggeration)!!! However I did scale WAY back this year- gasp! I usually do all of this way before now & I feel a little bit behind so if you come over this year bit your tongue about the porch, the plant ledge, the halls, the dining room, & definitely about the chandeliers!!! They will be up & ready for inspection next year- (Cooner will see to it I'm sure). Now with this being said... we do have Christmas decorations out, the trees are up (X 3 this year) & the scent of peppermint is VERY strong & festive! This year we didn't buy any new stuff! We "shopped the house" & I loved the idea of using what we already have & love!

Prissy's tree is ULTRA girl with all things fancy & pink!!!
We used tiaras, boas, beads, wands, mirrors, & finished it off with a TU TU tree skirt. Perfect for my little princess & ALL courtesy of her dress-up box!


A-man's tree is filled with things that he adores- straight from his toy-box! Orange cars, blue cars, green cars, black cars, motorcycles, tractors, trains, bikes, & even a GI Joe or 2 or 3??? He is SO proud of his little tree & I couldn't be happier with it myself!


Our tree is a little bit sad looking this year, but it's up & that's something in itself! I did add some ribbon Cooner but just 1 color (she likes to put in @ least 2 if not 3). I love the candy-cane pattern throughout the house- "it's beginning to look a lot like Christmas" around here ya'll


I just finished a Christmas garland from odds & ends from Christmas' past (old Christmas morning pj's, holiday dish towels, stained table cloths, & much MUCH more). It looks sweet draped in the chandelier above the kitchen table & I love looking @ it remembering some fun times from long ago!


Our mantel is ready for the BIG day too!!! She is darned with the same 4 stocking that Cooner & I made the 1st year that Joey & I were married! I know now why I made those extra 2... but I had no idea how much joy the ones that they were intended for would bring to me!!

I am SO thankful for my precious children. This year I want my kiddos to know that no matter what they choose for their 3 gifts (that's ALL we exchange @ Christmas because it is NOT about us!) Jesus is the real gift!!!!

p.s. I am adopting the motto "do less & enjoy more" from the nester this year!!! So far so good. I hardly even miss all the extra stuff & that means less to put away!!!



8 comments:

  1. I love the ideas for the kiddos trees! I bribed both kids on the way to school this morning-- totally clean rooms and they both get thier own tree that we are going to decorate with things from thier room. Jman with sea things like his sharks and Jaclyn- princesses of course!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. how fun!!! I just got A-man's this year from Wally (pre-lit) for $13.00.... go check them out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your home is beautiful. Christmas blessings to you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely LUV your wreath!

    The trees are all sooo fabulous & so is your fire place!

    Merry Christmas!

    Come check out my blog if you get a chance!

    http://alenamanuylov.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Everything is so pretty! My daughter has a pink tree in her room too! I adore your chandelier garland and it is even more wonderful because of the fabrics you used!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Everything is just beautiful, you have a lovely home. Love all your trees and mantle. Thanks for sharing.
    Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just love your kids little Christmas trees! Absolutely perfect. Where do you go to get a blue tree? Plus I love what you did with your chandelier.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the garland of ribbons and fabric. Very sweet.
    Come on over when you get a chance!

    ReplyDelete