.

.

Friday, February 20, 2009

"the award"

Today I did something that I haven't done lately...... I played with my children. No I don't mean that I sat down until the washer finished, or colored until the pot boiled. I mean play!!! I can remember my very best memories as a child were not the most expensive or most hyped-up events. They were taking old quilts to the "big tree" for picnics, making lawn chair mansions on the sidewalk, going to the drive-in theatre, & making dolly dresses with Cooner. We would sit together for what seemed like hours, without any agenda but my own. I LOVED IT!!!! I remember thinking even then that I was going to be just like her....... Now, I get all caught up in the duties of motherhood and forget to think of their childhoods. It is as you know slipping right through our fingers everyday- at a very fast pace! The house will one day be empty, but the dishes & laundry (I assure you) will still remain. So I decided to let it all go for a day: I built a giant castle with Ashton- several times, I arranged then rearranged his Automoblox cars- until he moved on to another adventure, I got girly with Priss and we painted each others toenails, I colored 3 pages- I love coloring, it is so relaxing, I drank 2 WHOLE pots of imaginary tea, and lots more. I let the kiddos plan the afternoon- they loved going from one thing to the next, to the next. Today I did not win any stunning awards from "Good Housekeeping" or "le table" for my clean house or scrumptious dinner. However I did win @ Candy Land and that means way more to me!!!!!!!!!



this is a daily ritual- he lines
up his cars the whole length of the rug. I think
he may have a little OCD like me- whoops!!!



Oh-ya I dressed then re-dressed
Lucy Danyell 3 times along with 2 different
hairstyles for show-&-tell!!!!


"HE TENDS HIS FLOCK LIKE A SHEPHERD. HE GATHERS THE LAMBS IN HIS ARMS AND CARRIES THEM CLOSE TO HIS HEART. HE GENTLY LEADS THOSE WHO HAVE YOUNG" ISAIAH 40:11






2 comments:

  1. I would just like to publicly state that I think Ashly Harris is likely the best mom in the world - perhaps even the universe. She's got it all - the looks, the brain,...and now the blog. What else could a guy want? This is coming from the guy that does a lot of playing with the kiddos too - the kind that normally causes more housework to be done which takes away from Ashly's playtime. Sorry honey. Rewards in heaven baby - just think of the rewards!! I love you...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww- i love this day and that you put aside everything else to play! How fun! You are right, these are the days you want your kids to remember-not the ones you spent the whole day cleaning. Very good point my friend! I love joey's comment too-he's a keeper! :) I also love the intense look on Ashtons face as he's lining up his cars! so fun......

    ReplyDelete