.

.

Monday, February 16, 2009

"every moment"



I sometimes get caught-up in the trials of life, instead of the blessings (I know none of you ever get like that- ha ha). Anyway it is really easy to get bogged down and forget that trials are what really build us up and draw us closer to God. Only recently Josey asked me "Momma to you believe that God tests us?" "yes I do," I responded. "Well how long do you think my test will last?" she finished. Almost overcome by tears I stopped to think what Joey would say If he had been there. Then I went to an even better source.. the bible. I looked up in one of the most crinkled, most used chapters of it- James and read to her.... "consider it all joy, my brethren, when you encounter various trials, knowing that the testing of your faith produces endurance. And let endurance have its perfect result, so that you may be perfect and complete, lacking in nothing"(James 1:2-4). We have started to commit this to memory, (along with the worry chapter in Matthew). I firmly believe that there is complete power in His word. When you are afraid- you will be equipped with the sword of truth- I tell her, (God's word) USE IT!!!! SAY IT!!!! When you start to get worried, afraid, nervous, or any other word that we use to camouflage sin- try saying it aloud. "Father I thank you that YOU are greater than the things of this world, Lord- YOU are with me. Because You promise to never leave me, I will fear NOT. I declare this house to be YOURS and I pray safety over it!!!!!!!! YOUR word says that YOU alone have a plan for my life, a plan for a future and a hope. THANK YOU GOD for your promises and your mercies are new EVERY morning......." I read this little quote yesterday- what great advice to live by "every moment" of our lives......



Happy moments, PRAISE GOD.
Difficult moments, SEEK GOD.
Quiet moments, WORSHIP GOD.
Painful moments, TRUST GOD.
Every moment, THANK GOD.


PRAISE REPORT-
Michelle & Jamie are having a GIRL!!!!!!!!!!!!




I am in bow-mode this morning- just finished
# 6 (what can I say procrastination
has never a word in my vocabulary).
I want my new niece-to-be to have some
pretties for her hair from the get-go. I think
I'll make her and Priss some matching
cousin bows too!!!!!!!




A-man can be found here (in his Tee Pee)
every morning about this time- playing
cars & pirates. I feel so fortunate to get to
experience a really girly-girl & an
ALL-boy little boy. Thanks be to Jesus!!!!


p.s.- thanks Jodi & Catherine for getting out with me last night, what fun. I only wish we did it more often- be blessed my sisters!!!!!!!!!!


1 comment:

  1. What would I do without you? More so, what would your little neice-to-be do without you? I am going to have to take a class on all this girlie stuff! I did get her "coming home from the hospital" dress tonight!!! I am going to get a picture of it on mine sometime soon! I loved your blog today! The pictures of the kids are so cute! I cannot believe how big Ashton has become! I am looking forward to seeing you all soon!! Love from all THREE of us!!!

    ReplyDelete