.

.

Wednesday, February 18, 2009

"a conscience is a beautiful thing"

O-kay, so when I told you that Josey takes everything literally- I meant it. We read, "Jesus is the way, the TRUTH, and the life...." John 14:6. Josey stopped right there.. "Momma what do you mean He is the TRUTH"? "Well He is everything, He knows everything- even what you do in secret, He Knows", I said. "Everything momma", she said very curiously. "Yes everything Priss, do you need to tell me anything"? I said (at this point making eye contact). "No, but...... Yes, I mean I have done lots of bad things and........ my belly hurts". "Do you know why your belly hurts Priss"- I said. "No ma'am". "It hurts because Jesus lives in your heart and when you do something wrong, he reminds you of it" (I said smiling, knowing how delighted He must be with His tiny creation, just as I was). "So it is good for my belly to hurt- Jesus is making it hurt"? still puzzled by all of this she asked. "Yes, it is the Holy Spirit- your conscience- guiding you" I said.........
O-kay now fast-forward to the next day......................................
I picked her up from school and this was our conversation:

Me: "Priss did you have a good day or a great day?"
Priss: "neither...............I had a FABULOUS day!!!!!!!"
Me: "fantastic, were you a good listener?"
Priss: "I got a green star"
Me: "YEAH!!!!!!!!!" then I proceed with my green-star-dance (I do it everyday- I'm silly like that)
Priss: "Momma, I need to tell you something....." she said with little glossy teary eyes, and with every breath swallowing back tears.
Me: "what love....... you can tell me"
Priss: "my belly hurts"
Me: "when did it start, are you feeling sick?"
Priss: "No. I have the Jesus belly hurt- you know....... the different one"
Me: " Ohhh, well what happened?"
Priss: "well...... today.... I peeked out of one eye during prayer time.............. and I rolled my eyes at recess- but just ONE time, really................... then.................. I ............pointed at Jake, but I told him I was sorry.
Me: relieved and pleased at her high standards, I said "thank you for being honest, I know that it is not always easy, do you need to tell me anything else?"
Priss: "not yet, but as soon as I do, I will. I'm hungry now though. What are we having for lunch?" "Momma does everyone get the Jesus belly?"
Me: "no Priss, not everyone has Jesus in their heart"
Priss: "really????? I think that would be worse than a belly ache don't you"
Me: "absolutely!!!!!!!!!!!!"

I prayed then.....I said,"Lord thank you for her sweet spirit and her tender heart. She is a precious soul and I know that you have an awesome plan for her. I praise you for my little Prissy- Amen".......




My Priss @ 3 months!!!!
"I prayed for this child and the Lord has
granted what I asked of Him"
1 Sam 1:27



No comments:

Post a Comment