.

.

Wednesday, October 21, 2009

"Apple & Pear Crisp Fake-Out"


I got this recipe out of "Southern Living" & while I adore Cooner's fresh from her orchard apple crisp.... let me rephrase that... while I adore the idea of it & NOT preparing it- (YES that's better)! I have come to terms with the fact that I love my kiddos just as much while feeding them store bought apples. I love a quick dessert that is just as satisfying (sorry Cooner). This makes your house smell as though you too have been slaving over fruit to impress your guests- (but it is oven ready in less than 5 minutes). My hubby & the kiddos love fruity desserts & this is a MUST try!!!!!!! I call it:

~Apple & Pear Crisp Fake-Out~


this is all that ya need
(put away that dull paring knife- YEAH)

4 cans (15 oz each) sliced pears, drained
1 can (20 oz) apple pie filling
1-1/2 cups old-fashioned or quick-cooking oats, uncooked
3/4 cup all purpose flour
3/4 cup packed brown sugar
3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
3/4 cup (1-1/2 sticks) butter, cut up
Ice cream- (I mean really.... so YUMMY on the side)
  1. Preheat oven to 425ยบ.
  2. Combine pears & apple pie filling in 9x12" baking dish.
  3. Combine dry ingredients (oats, flour, brown sugar, cinnamon) in bowl.
  4. Mix in the butter using your fingers or a fork until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
  5. Crumble the topping over your fruit.
  6. Bake for 30-35 minutes or until the fruit is hot and bubbly and the topping is crisp & browned.

Ta Da!!!!!

p.s. who says you can't gussy-up a uniform for Holy-ween?? I have been in a bow frenzy since Catherine & her kiddos stopped by yesterday for a bow-tutorial. I am SO bummed that we didn't take any pics, but I had a BLAST. I know that Anna Kay will look precious in all of her new accessories!!!!!! We love you guys!!!

p.s.s. I just bought my first pair of leg-warmers (since 3rd grade- ha ha) & I am LOVING them... I don't wear them out- (although I have been seeing more & more of them) just around the house... Try them out for yourselves?!? - I SO wish that I would have hung on to 1 of my 100 pairs. I sorta feel like I belong in the "Fame" fan club!!!!!!!!

1 comment:

  1. Once again, an amazing and easy recipe!! My small group at church thinks you are becoming an uoffical meeting. They loved the crip- even scraped the bowl clean as I was getting ready to leave. THANKS! Have a great week! :o)

    ReplyDelete