.

.

Friday, October 30, 2009

"a Halloween-Past post...."

~WARNING~
this is a LONG one... but I want the kiddos to someday see ALL of these good times too!!!

Josey's 1st Halloween 2003:

Josey with our 2 sweet little neighbor girls:
~Morgan & Paisley~
(I remember them always saying "Ms. Ashly can we come over & see what Josey is wearing today?"- they loved all of her pretty clothes!!!!
)

(Priss wearing her 1st Tu Tu that I had ever made. I stuffed those tights to make her some LONG ballerina legs)- she just greeted the trick-or-treaters, but she looks SOO PRECIOUS!!!!

Halloween 2004:

(YES.....I took the easy route & bought a costume- she was really into Dumbo & I must say..
she looks really sweet. We took her trick-or-treating for the 1st time & she LOVED it!!!)


Halloween 2005:


(thanks to my MIL Jean who bought me my 1st sewing machine- I made her entire Little Bo Peep outfit complete with a little sheep-bag to hold her treats)

I made this little outfit (with Cooner's help)- here she is headed out to her music class to pass out these little popcorn-ball-ghosts!!!

Halloween 2006:


" Li'l Bride"- complete with high heels (of course), a train, an up-hair-do, a veil, & gloves... This one made me a little sad- she looked SO grown!!! I know that she will make a BEAUTIFUL bride someday.... (there is something about making a wedding veil for your child that makes you cry....)

this is her waiting for her friend to come over & go trick-or-treating with us!!!
(guess she got her patience from me- whoops!!)

this is her forgiving Hannah for being late-
(they were so cute together- holding hands ALL night long)



these were my 1st attempt @ custom overalls (they turned out super cute- complete with a little tail in back that wiggled when she walked... so PRECIOUS!!!!)

p.s. A-man was on the way!!!!!!!!

Halloween 2007 "and then there were 2":


~Ariel & Sebastian~
that year I dressed them alike- they always wore matching brother & sister outfits so I think that ya'll expected it... didn't you???


she was SOOO proud of her costume from our Disney trip- she wanted to wear it again!!!

He really didn't care, but I think he looked absolutely adorable in that little crab suit..

It was a VERY cold Halloween so he went home with his daddy after the club house party & greeted the trick-or-treaters!!! I slipped home to help get him out of his costume... He "drooled" over all the fun costumes- ha ha!!!

We met up with Hannah (another Ariel)- we had no idea that they were both going to be Ariel? They told everyone that they were "twin-sister-Princesses!"!!!

Halloween 2008:

She really wanted to be a Nurse (and I secretly was delighted to make that wish come true..)! I found these princess scrubs @ the uniform shop & they looked perfect- compete with a stethoscope, a badge with her name (MANDATORY), & tons of stickers & bandages (all of which were gone VERY quickly to all the "patients" @ the club house!!)

He got to actually wear something that belonged to his sister (GASP)!!! He had NEVER heard of a "hand-me-down" since ALL of his sister's clothes (including pj's & blankets) were pink & purple!!! I loved this little Dumbo just as much as the 1st time around.

NOTE: this is NOT a padded costume friends-
he is ALL home grown!!!


~My Harris Boys~

o-ya & complete with PINK & PURPLE
hair highlights!!!! "I think every nurse gets her hair done Momma" were her thoughts on why we needed some of these!!!!


We had so much fun last year & I can't wait to see what this year holds??? I will try to post some pics tomorrow after the fun!!!! Hope ya'll have a wonderful Holy-ween!!!



1 comment:

  1. The Dumbo costume is adorable! How sweet that both of you kiddos were able to wear it.

    ReplyDelete