.

.

Friday, October 16, 2009

"fresh paint=fresh perspective"

so... I LOVED the chalkboard pumpkins so much what I wanted to try another idea! I went rummaging through the attic for an old frame (NEVER throw away frames- they have tons of future potential)....


I found this beauty- (well maybe not to you, but I knew that she had good bones under that metallic gold chipped paint.... somewhere??)


Then I sprayed the frame cream- I (heart) spray paint- I think we have most all colors on hand on any given day... Next I prayed the glass with the chalkboard spray paint- YES I said "the glass"!!! trust me... go for it!



then I picked a verse, wrote it out, & positioned it where my family would see it EVERYDAY
while going out & coming in (just inside the door to the garage & I LOVE the splash of black that it adds too- it makes the whole wall stand out)!!! There is power in scripture- claim something today for your family!

p.s. Joey does not ALWAYS love (or even notice) my craft projects, but he was pleasantly surprised by this when he got home last night!!! He wants to pick out the verse for next week- this is turning out even better than I imagined (I didn't have the heart to tell him that Priss has already spoken for next weeks message)!!!!!!



2 comments:

  1. What a great idea. I would never have thought to paint on the glass like that. And I love the idea of changing the verse each week. Mind if I copy you?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that is lovely. I love the verse too!

    ReplyDelete