.

.

Thursday, October 29, 2009

"Thankful Thursdays-ALL about Pumpkins"

Being a Christian is a lot like being a Pumpkin-
God Picks you from the patch, brings you in, and washes all the dirt off of you.
Then, He cuts off the top and scoops out all the yucky stuff.
He removes the seeds of doubt, hate, greed, etc
& then He carves you a new smiling face and puts His light inside you
to shine for all the world to see!

Today I am thankful that God chose me out of the patch!!! He tells me that there is a plan for my life (Jer 29:11) & I know that He is with me wherever I go (Heb 13:5)!!! I have GREAT comfort knowing that He is in control & I am NOT!!!

Ashton & I made pumpkin bread yesterday... & the house smelled like the best scented candle that ya'll have ever smelled X 10!!! I couldn't find a recipe so I sorta made one up- oops!!! Joey & Priss have started making Panera pumpkin muffies & Starbuck's pumpkin bread a regular Friday morning breakfast treat!!! I am determined to compete with those bullies + A-man & I want a YUMMY treat too....

~Pumpkin Bread~

step #1 stab (sounds scary but it isn't) your pumpkin ALL over & put it on a large cookie sheet. Bake it @ 350 for about 1 &1/2 hrs (until it sorta caves in) & is mushy to touch with a spoon.

step #2 scoop out the seeds & rinse off for a yummy salty treat later. Next scoop out the pumpkin meat (that is what Cooner calls it??) & put it into your blender to puree it. It can be frozen in bags for later & it tastes just as good!!

step #3 mix 2 cups of fresh pumpkin, 2 cups of sugar, 1 cup of oil, 3 eggs, 1 tsp cinnamon, 2 cups of flour, 1/2 tsp baking powder, 1/2 tsp baking soda, 2 tsp vanilla, & 1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice- ALL together in your mixer.. (I think that is all- I really did make it up??)

step #4 pour it into loaf pans & bake @ 350 for 35 min (or until the center is firm). I also sprinkled some oats & cinnamon on top to make it EXTRA yummy looking (I have NO shame when it comes to trying to impress Joey)....


step #5 make a double batch of cream cheese icing (I told you that I have NO shame) & ice it as you serve it. Finally watch as they practically choke down dinner to get to the yummy smelling dessert cooling on the counter.....

step #6 sit back & let them fight over cleaning up (because I say "he who cleans up gets another loaf of pumpkin bread.." I think that I made my point... Who says you have to go to Panera or Starbucks for YuMmY TrEaTs?????
(Josey insisted on writing names on the loaves- so that her daddy would NOT eat hers... too bad Ashton didn't think of that....- his daddy ate ALL of his own & Ashton's)

this is Ashton thinking-
"huh I wonder if we get to stay in our pj's ALL day today tomorrow too???
I kinda like playing in all of that pumpkin goo!!"



No comments:

Post a Comment