.

.

Tuesday, March 03, 2009

"raising-up awesome grown-ups"

The call to be "parents" us such a high calling. I struggle with this everyday- wanting to ALWAYS do right by them. Scripture says that we are to "meditate on his word day and night, so that you may be careful to do everything written in it" Joshua 1:8. Are we living in such a way that our children see Jesus in us everyday? Do they see us reading God's word? And whats more do they see us praying and seeking council from Him? Do they know who is the Supreme head of the household. Josey has gotten that hierarchy down pat. She knows that God is first, then comes Daddy, then comes Momma, then if Momma is in the shower she is in charge. She quickly fires off the rules "do not answer the phone or the door and keep ALL choking hazards away from baby Ashton". I wonder sometimes if she was ever really little? Her mind is so grown-up. She asked me today, "Momma when I am big, how may sodas can I have"? "Well Prissy that is something you will have to decide" I suggested. "But Momma, you won't be there to tell me how many"? "NO Priss, I am training you now to make good choices, so that one day you can make them all on your own". "Really"?????? she seemed so unaware that someday she would be making her own decisions. "Momma I think that I will have 1, but I promise to just have 1- is that alright with you"? "I think that would be a great idea my Love- you are going to be an awesome grown-up"!!! "Momma- I'll pray about it and see if I think Ashton needs 1 too"!!!!!!!!!!!


this is Priss playing in my old
slip. I can remember dancing around
in Cooner's slips everyday- what fun can
be had in the most unlikely places!!!!!



"train up a child in the way she should go, and when she is old she will not turn from it"
Proverbs 22:6



No comments:

Post a Comment