.

.

Friday, March 13, 2009

"breakfast anytime"

I am not one to make a huge breakfast early in the morning- although I was raised on such! We prefer to indulge in breakfast for dinner. When Joey and I were dating he used to make this for me- he cooked way more than I did in college!!! In fact the very first time that I cooked for him, I made 3 meals in 1 to try to impress him. I guess it worked!!!!!!!! Here is our secret Harris Family Breakfast Casserole recipe. The most basic dishes are the best. We get so many compliments on this dish from company. ENJOY!!!!!!!!!!!

1 lb. sausage (pork or turkey)
8 eggs (we use 1/2 yolks and 1/2 whites)
1 pkg shredded cheese (any type)
1 bag shredded potatoes
3/4 cup milk
salt, pepper, & basil to taste

line 9x12 dish with a thin layer of potatoes (put into oven as it pre-heats @ 375 degrees). Cook sausage then drain and layer over potatoes. Add cheese layer on top of sausage layer. Mix eggs with milk, salt, pepper, & basil. Pour mixture over entire casserole. Bake for 45 min (or until eggs are set).

I like to serve it up with salsa &
sour cream- YUMM O!!!!!
and of course some great
biscuits or muffins.


My little helper....
did I mention that my casserole
dishes are in the pots & pans cabinet???


"God without man is still God. Man without God is nothing".


please keep Cooner (my mom) in your prayers- she is having a lap choly (gallbladder removed) very expectantly today. Pray for peace and skilled physicians to take care of her. Also that Daddy will take great care of her afterwards. This is one of those times that I wish I lived in IN........... One more little thing- Priss (Josey) has an appointment today- pray that she is relaxed and that God's presence will overcome our fears- (both of ours). I am sooo thankful that He knows our needs even before we ask!!!!!!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment