.

.

Thursday, April 16, 2009

"Ashton's 1st"



Ashton's 2nd birthday is just around the corner- I can't believe that it has already been another year. Cooner & I are busy getting ready for the big #2- so I thought that I'd recap last years festivities!!! I went with the "The Very Hungry Caterpillar" book theme. A-man loved that book so it was a perfect fit...


I made the invitations:

"I learned to laugh
then sit & stand.
Now I can walk
if you hold my hand.
But my fun has only
just begun,
look out world...
I'm turning one!!!

I asked guests to bring
their favorite children's book to
add to his collection.
(I loved the idea of him getting books
as gifts- he needed to get his own
little library started...)


we hosted the party
@ the club house (I love
to have parties @ venues- plus
it is huge so we could celebrate
even if it rained.)


We had traditional cake-
Cooner made a delicious
orange, yellow, & green
layered cake with citrus flavors
to match the theme
(and of course a little one
for the little man himself!!)


I decorated each table with
bright colored table cloths
& caterpillars made out of
bags of balls from the
Dollar Tree- where else?


later Ashton
& Josey got to keep them
as new bath toys...


I made Bookmarks &
personalized Book labels for

each of the guests to take home




we had face painting, bubbles,
coloring pages-with our theme,
&
outside games for the bigger kids.




it was a huge success-
I am sure that my little darling
enjoyed himself A LOT!!!

I only regret that I was too busy to get more pics (however we did video- thanks to Joey). I made matching outfits for Ashton & Josey with caterpillars to match the theme- if anyone got a cute pic- let me know!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment