.

.

Wednesday, April 01, 2009

"great advice"

I remember learning in nursing school about being an "empathetic listener". This type of listener basically recites what they hear back to the person ie- ("I am so hungry I could eat a horse" then the empathetic listener would reply- "so what I have been hearing you say is that you are so hungry you could eat a horse"). SUPER annoying- I detested the psych-stuff in school (go figure, I'm a case myself). Anyway I do remember thinking that I was a terrible listener then and that I gave horrible advice. Really 9 times out of 10 I am thinking about something else when someone is talking to me.... Now I know that NONE of you ever do that do you???? Well anyway I feel like baring my soul today! Seriously friends come to me for advice & I instantly think that I can help solve their dilemmas. I do not know why I think like that, I really know the only good advice comes from the creator of life. The Bible is the complete.. how-to-do, what-should-I-do, handbook. Joey is always very quick to point out that this concept is really not so profound- but to us mere mortals it is!!!!! Want to read a great book, figure out some hum-dinger of dilemmas in your life, get a grip on your marriage, & learn the true meaning of love... READ YOUR BIBLE!!!!!!! I think there may be something to say about it being the bestseller of ALL time!!!!!!!!!!!!


nothing says lovin'
@ Harris House like

yummy gooy cookies-
the perfect ending
to
the perfect day!!!

p.s. if you haven't prayed with your family together lately- try it. Josey prays such fervent prayers that I know they are being heard in heaven. Your little ones will learn at early ages how great the power of prayer is!!!


“The LORD will fight for you; you need only to be still.”
~ Exodus 14:13

No comments:

Post a Comment