.

.

Thursday, April 30, 2009

"Psalm 23"

Does anyone else feel like they are being taught the bigger lessons in life by their children??? I swear Josey Faith is my most respected mentor right now. She is studying Psalm 23 for school & every night we are adding a new verse to memorize. So last night she says "Momma, what do you think that God means when He leads us beside the quiet water & He makes us lie down in green pastures?" "Well Priss- you know I have read that tons of times & I don't know if I have really ever thought about it." "You mean you read the bible & you don't think about it?" she said. "NO- I think about it, I just don't really study it a lot I guess" I said kinda trying to pass off my lack of theology knowledge. "Well let's read it again, this time you need to think about it a little more OK Momma?" she said very seriously & patiently.

"The Lord is my shepherd, I shall not be in want. He makes me lie down in green pastures, He leads me beside quiet waters. He restores my soul. He guides me in paths of righteousness for His names' sake."

I must tell you that after reading then re-reading this I realized how wrong that I had been. God gives us His word to encourage us, to provide for us, & to save us. He wants us to meditate on it- how can we meditate on it if we do not understand it? Take the advice from Priss- read it again. God can communicate what He wants you to get out of the passage- DO NOT GIVE UP!!!!!!

Priss all ready for school-
She even looks adorable
in a uniform- I mean really how
many people can say that?

don't forget to pray for your childrens teachers. They are doing such an awesome work in our little ones! Josey comes home & plays school- I can almost hear Mrs. Proulx & Mrs. Royal through her. It is such a blessing to know that they are instilling Jesus in her too. I pray that God generously pours out his blessings on them & their families!!!!!!!!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY
HEATH!!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment